Flowers have traditionally been the most popular way to show a person that you love them. This is especially true on Valentine’s Day.
The Internet has made flower deliveries to your sweetheart convenient and easy. However, there are still some things you need to know. Here are some tips to make your on-line flower buying go smoothly:
- Do some checking and see what specific flowers are in season in your area. Flowers are cheaper when they are in season. This is because they do not need to be shipped from a distant location.
- Since Valentine’s Day is the busiest day of the year for florists and floral delivery companies, make sure you place your order as soon as possible. If you wait too long, the flowers you want may be out of stock. Also, they may be overbooked with flower deliveries. Flower orders can often take a few days to process. If your flowers are coming from far away, you will need to account for the delivery time.
- Inquire about the delivery method that the company uses to send their flowers. Most of the time, local florists use a container or a vase so that the flowers are ready for display. A distribution center ships the flowers in a box. This requires the flowers to be arranged.
- Choose a site that has reliable customer service. They will be able to answer all of your questions about your order. Also, they will be able to assist you if your order has any delays or snags.
- The prices of flowers vary widely online. Always shop around and carefully compare prices. All flower companies raise their prices in preparation for Valentine’s Day. Therefore, as mentioned earlier, place your order well in advance. You will also need to find out if a vase is included, how much the delivery will cost and if there are any additional service fees.
- Carefully read all of the terms and conditions on the site. Before you place your order, you will need to be certain that the company has a freshness guarantee, as well as a refund or replacement policy.
- If you are unsure of what type of flowers you want to buy, most sites have a list of categories for you to choose from. These should give you some good ideas for your purchase. This list can also alert you to any flowers that come with additional gifts. Balloons and small teddy bears are common gifts that are included with certain flower arrangements.